Resolve to visit your library more in 2016!
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Chinese Proverb
Well it’s that time of year again. We identify areas of our life we want to improve and we proclaim THIS IS THE YEAR…….That’s the easy part.
Successfully accomplishing those New Year’s resolutions takes motivation, planning, and information. Whether you want to get in shape, spend more time with family, get finances in order, start a new hobby, or achieve another goal this year, Coffey County Library has resources available to help you achieve your 2016 resolutions. Here are a few examples of the valuable resources available at your library.
Get in Shape.
- Workout Videos: Zumba Fitness Exhilarate. Extreme Shed & Shred w/ Jillian Michaels. Just Walk: Walking off the Pounds
- Healthy Cooking: The Hungry Girl Diet Cookbook by Lisa Lillien. Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. Cooking Light: Fresh Food Fast 24/7
- MUSIC and AUDIOBOOKS: We have thousands of CDs and audiobooks in our collections to motivate (or distract) you while you workout.
- Workout Wednesdays: Weekly exercise program at the Lebo Branch Wednesdays at 6pm.
Spend more time with family.
- Travel Books: The Kansas Guidebook for Explorers by Marci Penner. Driving Across Kansas by Wayne Maley.
- Genealogy: Genealogy Rooms full of resources in Lebo and Burlington. Ancestry.com subscription available at all Coffey County Branches. Also, check out the recent Lebo Branch project to digitize over 100 years of Lebo Newspapers.
- Storytimes: Weekly storytimes at all branches to develop critical early literacy skills.
Get finances in order.
- Financial Literacy Classes at Burlington Branch: Building Credit to Get the Things You Want January 11th at 6:30pm and Working Life the Way You Want January 18th at 6:30pm.
- Personal Finance Books: The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Personal Finance for Dummies by Eric Tyson
- Free Entertainment Resources! All CCL resources and the dozens of weekly program offered are all FREE. If you haven’t seen our impressive DVD and expanding Blu-ray collections, you’re missing out.
Start a new hobby.
- Knitting/quilting Books: Knitting for Dummies by Pam Allen. Knitty Gritty: For the Absolute Beginner Knitter by Aneeta Patel
- Fishing: The Ultimate Guide to Fishing by Jay Cassel.
- Crafting: Snowy Pinecone Candle Jar Craft at Gridley January 26th @ 10:30. Exploding Greeting Cards at Lebo January 26th @ 3:15. Snow Banner Craft at Waverly Branch January 6th @ 10 and 6. BRR Blocks Craft at New Strawn January 28th @ 3:30.
Happy New Year from all of us at Coffey County Libraries!